Important Information – COVID-19:
Protecting the health and well-being of early career researchers is a priority for the EAG. The EAG Training and Outreach Committee has therefore decided to suspend the 2020 Early Career Science Ambassador Program during the current global pandemic, and applications for the program should not be submitted for the 1 June deadline. We will update this information as soon as the program has re-opened for applications.
To promote Early Career Scientists, the European Association of Geochemistry has created the Early Career Science Ambassador Program.
This program is aimed at Early Career Scientists based in Europe who wish to attend conferences outside Europe, except for the Goldschmidt conference. The program will support up to 6 scientists per year. The program is aimed to fund conference attendance, not related events such as field trips.
Supported scientists will have 50% of their expenses covered by EAG, up to 1500 Euros, and be viewed as EAG Ambassadors while attending the event.
During the event, EAG Ambassadors should display EAG’s support on their presentation or poster (EAG logo, acknowledgements etc).
Following the event, supported scientists should provide a short report on their experience, including a few photos, for publication on the EAG Blog.
Also if data presented at the event appears in a publication, EAG’s support should be acknowledged.
When registering for the conference, please make sure to use all available discount rates – reimbursement of the conference fee will in general be based on the lowest rate (early student registration, if applicable, or member registration rate).
Conditions to apply
- Applicants should be in the final stages of their PhD or within 6 years post PhD
- Applicants should be based in Europe and wish to attend a conference outside Europe (except a Goldschmidt conference*)
- The conference that the applicant wishes to attend must take place a minimum of 4 weeks after the application deadline
- Applicants should present a talk or a poster at the conference they wish to attend
- Applicants should be EAG members (check membership or join / renew)
Requests should be sent to the EAG Office at email@example.com, with the following:
- Early Career Ambassador application form
- short CV (one page maximum)
- support letter from their head of group or department
- applicant’s abstract
- proof of payment of accommodation/registration in the applicant’s name
All documents should be assembled in one single PDF file, in the above order.
Deadlines to send requests are 1 March, 1 June and 1 October. A response from EAG will then be given within four weeks following each deadline.